Friday, June 7, 2013

ATM fail

I haven’t live in Fayetteville in over two years. In that time, a LOT has changed, including the locations of places I use to frequent, like my bank in particular.

So, there I was, pulling up to the drive-thru ATM at my bank located on Morganton Road. I needed to make a deposit and it was on my way home. It was a long day and I couldn’t wait to get home, shower and relax.

I get the deposit ready and swipe my card. Then I enter my pin and look for the deposit option on the screen to pop up.

It doesn’t.

I keep looking for it on the screen and my only options are to withdraw, transfer and get a balance inquiry. I cancel the transaction thinking maybe the machine didn’t read my card correctly.

After removing and re-inserting my card several more times, I give up and offer a few swear words at my bank for apparently installing a deposit-free ATM. How inconvenient. Not everyone has the time to make it to the bank during normal operating hours and my bank isn’t open on Saturdays. 

Maybe I should switch to a more accommodating bank.

Yeah, that’ll show ‘em.

I decide to withdraw some cash before leaving the ATM, since I was already there.  I insert my card one last time and select all the options leading up to a successful withdrawal of cash. Wait a minute …

What’s this?  A $2.50 FEE?! At my OWN bank?

How DARE they?! Do I accept?!

HELL NO!

Pssshhhh. No other bank charges their customers for using the ATM.

Canceling THAT transaction, I’m furiously making a mental promise to myself to change banks at the first opportunity when I notice the ATM screen’s final message to me:

“Thank you for your transaction, idiot. This is a Vantage Bank, not your bank. If you would have checked the sign when you drove up, maybe you wouldn’t have expended so much energy in pissing yourself off at your own stupidity. Have a nice day.”  

My bank moved locations two years ago.

1 comment:

KCSherri said...

Too funny! I could see myself doing that! :)