If I had to be completely honest about what I’m thinking
when working out, I’d say that gains and hitting PRs are the furthest from my
mind. Most of the time I hate my life all
the way up until I call time. That’s a true story. And then there is this morning when all I
could think about was the massive front wedgie created by wearing a thong
backwards to the gym – again.
You might be wondering how that could possibly happen - twice. Or,
better yet, why would anyone wear a thong to the gym? Well, I dislike visible
pantylines as much as I dislike tan lines and going commando is a no-go because 1) it's gross and 2) deadlifting and doubleunders make me pee a little in my pants.
Normally, putting on a thong is a no-brainer: the string part
goes in the back. But this was a lace thong that
was moderately wide in the
front and just slightly not as wide in the back.
And at 4:30 a.m. in the morning, in the dark, it was hard to
differentiate front from back.
Don’t judge me.
After the initial incident a few months ago, I invested in
granny panties to be sure no part of my underthings would creep up my front or
back end. But this morning, I had a lapse in judgment, wore a thong and despite
finishing the WOD with ample time to cool down with the early bird crew, I left
in more of a hurry than usual to take care of my painful situation.
Today I thought I was more prepared for damage control than the
first time it happened; which, consequently, is the first time I learned there
was such a thing as a front wedgie – and it is ultimately more painful than a
butt wedgie. It also takes a great deal of effort to work through that kind of
pain.
And I sweat way more when I am trying to cover up
discomfort, pain and praying to a higher power to mask my smell if a coach
comes within 6 feet of me to correct my form and technique. I am really good
about seeing a coach coming and self-correcting before they enter the
danger zone. But there was that one time I was hanging from a pull-up bar, and
Coach came out of nowhere like a ninja and I played dead possum and crossed my
legs, hoping he would go away before he could smell anything.
Then I thought, on a scale of 1-10, how weird would it be to
spray myself down with Febreeze before a WOD? What if I just carried a can of
it in my gym bag? That would alleviate at least one problem. But,
I digress.
By that particular WOD’s end not too long ago, the thong material
had wedged so far in, I was sweating from trying to hide the pain and
discomfort (and worrying about the possible appearance of having a camel toe) than
from the actual workout. To make the experience worse, I also hadn’t shaved in
a few weeks (#singlelife), so as anyone
could imagine (or not), the chafing of the material against skin and hair was like
getting a #slowBrazilian. I was sweating profusely from my eyes as I made my
way to the bathroom.
My lady business was raw and numb until I tried to ease the
wedgie out and then I realized the real pain
would happen when trying to
disengage the lacy fabric from every crevice from which it had embedded like a
deep cover operative in Russia during the Cold War.At first, I tugged gingerly; trying to loosen it up, but it was taking too long. I didn’t want to stay in the bathroom so long that anyone who knew I was the one in there would think I was ‘dropping bottom’ (girls don’t do that). So, in the end, and out of desperation, I ripped it like a band-aid – and immediately regretted that decision as I dropped to my knees on the floor, in pain, praying to God in Heaven, Jesus, Mary and Joseph … but quietly, so no one would hear me.
When I had finally released my thong from the inner-most
folds of my lady parts, I swore I’d never wear another thong to the gym again.
Until this morning; I was running behind and could not find
a pair of granny panties to save my life and somehow chose the same thong I wore those many months ago when I made the first mistake.
And there were an a**load (no pun intended) of wall squats
and thrusters and a 1000 meter run.
That lace thong became a resident of my lady business from
the time I started the run and only continued to make a case for permanent residency as the
WOD progressed through 50 thrusters, 30 awkward pull-ups (you can't shake a front wedgie out, btw) and so many wall
squats in addition to pushups and situps. It was like being sawed in half. But I made it and afterwards, I didn’t
even try to fix myself at the gym. Instead, I went home and hopped in the
shower, hoping the water would loosen it up so it would disengage on it's own.
And that was another regrettable decision in my unfortunate
situation; especially after the water rinsed the soap down my body and over my
chafed bits and pieces. I might as well have doused my business in lighter
fluid and lit a match.
Now, I’m at work, grateful for being able to stand up at my
desk, so I don’t have to put any pressure on my nether regions by sitting. I
have also made a conscious choice to wear granny panties #forlife. Turn your
nose up in disgust if you must, but I’m here to tell you there is no better
feeling than not having anything wedge up your no-no parts. One day I will have
to engage in the naughty business should I find myself in a relationship - and nothing is more unsightly than a vagina mangled by a thong.
Even granny panties.
#truth



No comments:
Post a Comment