Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dear girl with the cherry blossom tree tattoo - nice ass crack

I know we don't know each other personally, I've taken senior portraits of your friends in the past, one of which suggested you as a friend on Facebook last year. However, I recently saw your relationship status update on Facebook switch to single and your response of not knowing why it ended. It's not my business, but I felt this was an appropriate time to address an issue that may or may not be a reason behind why the relationship probably wasn't meant to be, but that actually concerns me directly.


A few weeks ago, you sent a photo of yourself showcasing your finished tattoo artwork (awesome piece, BTW) to my boyfriend. Normally, I could care less except that you were half naked and your ass was hanging out. I know you posted it on your FB page as well, but somehow it seems less wrong to post it publicly than taking the time to send it to individual dudes (if, in fact, you sent it to more than one guy other than my BF). It’s a sign of disrespect to your relationship, mine and any other couple.

Friends with my BF? I doubt it. To be ‘friends’ you would have had to spend a certain amount of time sharing, caring and hanging out - he and I have been dating for almost two years. You’re very, very pretty and I'm sure he pictured you naked plenty of times in his private moments, just like I picture Gerard Butler's hunky bits in my kitchen making me dinner - in nothing but an apron and a man-thong. It's like having a stash of mental porn. But I’m not sending photos of myself half-naked to him out of respect for my boyfriend, and mostly because I don’t have his digits.You get where I'm going with this.

I’m not saying you knew my boyfriend was seeing anyone or that you were doing anything other than showing off your piece (including your ass, no pun intended) to a fellow tattoo enthusiast. If, however, your boyfriend caught wind of you sending pics or suggestively texting or FBing some other dudes (maybe he went through your phone), even if all of those guys are ‘just friends,’ he may not have liked it. To be sure, my guy friends would love it if I sent them glammy pics of myself. But that’s the difference between boyfriends and ‘just friends:’ boyfriends get more than just friends because they’ve earned it through a monogamous commitment - to me.

Considering you may not have known his relationship status (even if he said you were totally in the know), I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t send photos like that to my boyfriend in the future. If you absolutely can’t help yourself and must telephonically share your goodies, I will interpret that as an invitation to share (and tag) as well – with my 2,480 friends who check out my FB wall every day.

Thanks,

D

No comments: